Back to jobs listings
SRE / Reliability Engineer
Tech - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Reliability Engineering at Drivy encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our team ensures that Drivy’s infrastructure is able to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and tools that have a huge impact for our entire engineering team.
You will join our growing engineering team (27 great people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
• Ensure our applications run smoothly in terms of stability, performance and monitoring.
• Write resiliency tests with Toxiproxy or other tools to implement strategies to be resilient to failure.
• Be a support for the squads: work closely with the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get their work done.
• Develop and enrich our growing monitoring infrastructure.
• Participate and take decisions to scale up our current stack.
• Share your knowledge through communication, documentation and talks.
• Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on!
• Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and ultimately microservices to scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes.
Skills & Experience We Are Looking For
• Experience with relational databases (especially MySQL).
• Familiarity with *NIX commands.
• Experience designing interfaces consumed by developers and care deeply about design, reproducibility and testability
• Experience with OO principles.
• Great communication skills, and work well within a team.
• Ability to communicate in English.
Nice to have:
• Experience with a message queue and/or a distributed log.
• Previous experience working at large scale.
• Used Heroku in production.
• Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Note that we aren't necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here. We are however looking for someone who is willing and able to learn fast.
You will work in the best possible conditions, with:
• A great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organize meetups and some even contributed.
• Recent and powerful hardware (that you get to choose)
• The peace of mind of our large test suite to stay sane and ship often
• An international team of great and passionate people
...and we think you'll also appreciate this:
• Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations
• A remote friendly culture, with some working from home allowed for this position
• A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
• Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
• Headquarters in the center of Paris
• Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
• “Tickets restaurants”, good health insurance...
• A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!